HubSpot kicked off September with their annual Inbound conference. As usual, many updates and new features were announced. They didn’t stop there! HubSpot continues to make data quality and reducing repetitive steps a focus area. Here are our top picks of this month’s HubSpot updates.
1) You can now set the location of a meeting when scheduling in the CRM.
2) With Operations Hub, you can now quickly and easily apply basic formatting rules for a cleaner database.
3) Watch this video to see how the collaboration sidebar could help you and your team.
4) HubSpot now has a Presets tool that allows admins to configure email signatures and apply defaults
Location Field when scheduling in the CRM
You can now set the location of a meeting when scheduling in the CRM. Previously extra steps outside of the CRM record were needed to achieve this.
When scheduling a meeting from the CRM, you will now see a “select location” dropdown directly under the meeting type. You can choose from a web conference app, in-person (with the ability to add an address), phone call or custom.
(For all users)
Data quality automation recommendations
With new AI-powered automation (Operations Hub), you can now quickly and easily apply basic formatting rules to your property values for a cleaner, more consistent database and customer experience.
Even minor formatting issues can cause big headaches if not found promptly. With the new data quality automation recommendations, HubSpot’s AI continuously scans your database for issues like missed capitalization on names, the last name being only one letter or extra spaces in the email field.
To get to the Fix Formatting Issues page where you’ll see the new automation:
- Select Contacts under Contacts in the main navigation
- On the Contacts page, click the orange Actions button in the upper right.
- Select Fix formatting issues from the dropdown.
- On the Fix Formatting Issues page, click the orange Automation button in the upper right.
- You can then select the automation recommendations that you'd like to automatically accept under the Rules tab.
(For Operations Hub Pro & Enterprise)
Learn more about managing property formatting issues here.
collaboration sidebar in the marketing email editor
We've got good news if you are a fan of the collaboration sidebar! It is now available in the Marketing Email Editor.
The collaboration sidebar is more than a tool to add comments to an asset. You can review assigned tasks and the marketing calendar directly from the sidebar.
If you haven’t started using the collaboration sidebar yet, you can learn how to access it here.
Watch this video to see how the sidebar could help you and your team.
set default settings and preferences for groups of users
If you are a HubSpot admin that would like to save time during user setup and bring consistency to user defaults and email signatures, this update is for you. HubSpot now has a Presets tool that allows admins to configure email signatures and apply defaults such as homepage, dashboard, language, and date & number format.
Presets also allow different settings for different user groups. This will save time on small repetitive tasks during setup.
To create a preset, go to Settings, then Users and Teams, then choose the Presets tab. After clicking the Create preset button, you will see two tabs labeled General and Email Signature.
(For all Pro and Enterprise users)
- In General, you can set a default homepage, dashboard, language, and date & number format.
- In Email Signature, you can utilize the Simple or HTML editor to customize signatures. You can also turn this feature off.
To see step-by-step instructions, click here.